The Ruhl Building has completed a ground floor renovation and new facade. Available ground floor retail and office space is an ideal location across from the new Superior Court Family Law Building and between the two downtown charter schools. There is great potential for business on this busy street. Surface parking directly behind the Ruhl Building with access to ground floor spaces with private doors to parking lot. Walking distance to numerous businesses and restaurants. The central downtown location allows easy cross-town freeway access for ingress and egress to downtown.
- Three excellent ground floor suites available with new building facade
- Property Type: Retail/Office
- Rental Rate: $0.75 psf negotiable (+ PG&E)
- Across from the San Joaquin Superior Court Family Law Courthouse
- Huge potential for youth-oriented business on this busy block!
- Building close in proximity to the Northshore Waterfront Baseball Stadium, Events Center and the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Constructed in 1903, this building was funded by F.A. Ruhl, a local business person. Originally the upper floors were used by the Druids , a men’s club, as a meeting hall, while the lower floors were used by the Stockton Paint Company, a clothing store, and a retail grocery store. Over the years, the Ruhl Building was known for union offices, dance studio, luggage shop, beauty shop, Peckler & Giovanessi Shoes and Mead’s Red Cherry Bakers and Restaurant. This building appears on the 1917 and 1950 Sanborn maps, with shops along the street and space noted as “lodge hall” in the rear.
Address / Location
Mahala Burns, Broker